SUPERVISION OVER EU TYPE-EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE
Notified Body 2534 CERTEX performs EU type-examination for personal protective equipment of category II and III. We also perform supervison for PPE- category III (own certifiactes as well as certificates issued by othe notified bodies)
The supervision is performed on the basis of Annex VII of Regulation (EU) 2016/425 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 March 2016 on personal protective equipment and repealing Council Directive 89/686/EEC – Module C2.
- The notified body shall carry out product checks in order to verify the homogeneity of production and the conformity of the PPE with the type described in the EU type-examination certificate and with the applicable essential health and safety requirements.
- The product checks shall be carried out at least once a year, at random intervals determined by the notified body. The first product checks shall be carried out no more than one year after the date of issue of the EU type-examination certificate.
- An adequate statistical sample of the manufactured PPE shall be selected by the notified body at a place agreed between the body and the manufacturer. All items of PPE of the sample shall be examined, and appropriate tests set out in the relevant harmonised standard(s) and/or equivalent tests set out in other relevant technical specifications shall be carried out in order to verify the conformity of the PPE with the type described in the EU type-examination certificate and with the applicable essential health and safety requirements.
- Where the notified body referred to in point 3 is not the body that issued the relevant EU type-examination certificate, it shall contact that body in the event of difficulties in connection with the assessment of the conformity of the sample.
- The acceptance sampling procedure to be applied is intended to determine whether the manufacturing process ensures the homogeneity of production and performs within acceptable limits, with a view to ensuring conformity of the PPE.
- If the examination and testing reveal that the production is not homogeneous, or that the PPE does not comply with the type described in the EU type-examination certificate or with the applicable essential health and safety requirements, the notified body shall take measures appropriate to the fault(s) recorded and inform the notifying authority thereof.
To cover a PPE category III certificate by supervision you should:
- send us coresponding application. You can find the forms on th page: EU type-examination ➔ Download,
- sign a contract.
After applyig and agreeing subject and conditions of examination / supervision you will receive an agreement.
If you have already signed a supervision agreement with other notified body it should be terminated.
In order to receive more detailed information about the procedure of supervison over PPE category III please contact us:
Ostatnia aktualizacja/Last update: 09.06.2018