Textiles in the healthcare system
CEN/TS 14237:2015-12 [ENV 14237:2002]
Institute of Textile Technologies CERTEX Ltd. offers certification for compliance with CEN/TS 14237:2015-12 Textiles in the healthcare system under accreditation of Polish Centre For Accreditation AC 175 according to certification programs: PRC-2 CERTEX OPJ (pdf) or PRC-3 CERTEX OT (pdf). We offer 18 or 36 months certificates.
CEN/TS 14237:2015-12 standard specifies requirements for following product groups:
- bed textiles,
- pillows and quilts,
- mattress protectors against liquids,
- patient's clothing/baby clothing,
- staff clothing.
Requirements for above products are as follows:
- colour fastness to perspiration,
- colour fastness to dry rubbing,
- colour fastness to wet rubbing,
- colour fastness to light,
- colour fastness to washing at 95 °C,
- colour fastness to bleach (peroxide),
- colour fastness to bleach (hypochlorite),
- colour fastness to dry heat,
- fastness to pilling,
- dimensional change after first and fifth washing,
- air permeability,
- water vapour resistance.
Specific destination of the product may require meeting additional requirements:
- for mattresses - resistance to water penetration,
- for towels – wettability,
- for quilts – thermal resistance,
- for curtains – light transmission,
- for clothing – air permeability and water vapour resistance.
Within certification process we offer laboratory tests and preparation of samples (eg. washing, sterilisation).
If you have any questions or doubts please contact us.
Ostatnia aktualizacja/Last update: 29.01.2016